View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Default Mile High Card Company's Stance on Hobby Issues

Posted By: shane

This is my first post over here on the message 54 boards but have viewed these boards for over a year. I know many of you here personally and respect your points of view with regards to purchasing "quality" material from dealers and the importance of doing that. Jim, as I have said before, your collection is one of the best. I appreciate your desire to inform others about this issue, however I find your policing of this issue a little out of line. Please know you should want to know who is doing alterations on cards so you can protect your investment. I don't believe it is your responsibility to send out a survey to every dealer in the U.S. and expect them to participate in a forum where they have no chance to provide the "right" answer. As you can see Doug Allen gave us his points to your questions and others kept grilling him on these issues. For the most part, every dealer does some sort of ironing to a crease and lays down a corner. This has been done before the grading fad began. The problem in this hobby is when resoration of paper, removal of glue and trimming of cards are being done and they are being passed by authentication companies. This problem would go away if PSA, GAI and SGC could detect this. The dealers who participate in this type of practice would go out of business.
The survey that you have sent out to all these dealers is not right in my opinion. I believe the survey should be sent to PSA and GAI letting customers like you and I know who is sending in this garbage to be graded. PSA has already taken a pretty big stance on having these dealers marked for future submissions. This may not resolve the issue completely, but it will curtail it some.

Shane