View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Default Questions for Doug Allen

Posted By: Doug Allen

Jeff,

I didn't ask you to be nice. I asked you not to take pot shots. I don't believe it is productiveor necessary. Because of my job I am wearing a pretty big target. If the concensus here is they are fair game that is fine I will simply bow out as it is not a productive use of my time. Responding to legitimate questions is a productive use of my time.....

In response to your questions.....

#1 This wasn't a question but let me state the obvious - One objective I have is for my company to be profitable. It is not the number one goal but it definitely in the top 4 or 5. Sorry if I never mentioned that before.

#2 I offered to talk to any consignor that wanted to discuss the raise in the buyers premium. My cell phone was posted here. I took every call and responded to every inquiry....sorry to Jeff Prizner as he took a while to hook up with but I said early on for competitive reasons I don't want to discuss this on a public forum. Again for consignors who have questions the numnber is 630-336-6650.

#3 Cards are made of multiple layers of paper. If a surface wrinkle or crease goes through mutiple layers in my estimation it impacts the integrity of the paper and is better off left alone. Also I would argue that a crease that goes all the way through a card is absolutely detectable 100% of the time and if a grading company examines the cards properly, pressed out or not it will be detectable. On the other hand a surface wrinkle or crease that only goes through one layer of paper again in my opinion does not have the same effect. It is important to note that thin paper card stock cards like Cracker Jacks are exempt. They are one thin layer of paper and any wrinkle impact the integrity.

Hope this is responsive.