View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Default This is the Most Important Topic in the Hobby!

Posted By: JimCrandell

Leon,

It would be a huge mistake to shut this down. I know many of us feel that this is the most important thing talked about on Network 54 and the most important issue facing the hobby. Also I think aside from a few collectors who want the world to return to the way it was, these threads have garnered overwhelming support among people who post here.

There is a master plan and a greater good here.

First, just look at what has been accomplished to date? A heigthened awareness of card restoration and alteration; the largest auction house has admitted to taking light creases out of cards and said it will stop if the major grading services do not agree; and as an offshoot I think there is likely to be more disclosure around whether companies own lots that they are auctioning.

And this is just the beginning!!!! Following information from a large number of dealers this will lead to changes in the hobby and demands to stop the restoration/alteration which the graders and dealers will be increasingly sensitive to.

Ultimatety, this will lead to a collectors assosiation and a code of ethics in the hobby that either dealers will sign onto or they will not.

Leon, this is a historic point in the hobby where we have the potential for substantial change. You need to let this process run the course.

Jim