View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Default Question for grading services PSA and SGC

Posted By: MikeU

"SO WHO DOES PSA OR SGC HAVE ON STAFF THAT ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO COMBAT THIS???"

SGC's top graders are Scott Hileman and Bob Luce. Prior to that it was Derek Grady and Lee Isokwitz, both of which are now at Mastro. Chris Ivy of Heritage was also a grader at SGC at one time.

PSA's graders have been pretty nameless since the departure of Danny Fisher and Mike Baker to GAI a few years ago. Andy Madec was also a PSA grader at one time. Finally, Dave Forman was a grader at PSA for a very short period of time.

Doug Allen send an e-mail to Joe Orlando and Dave Forman. I suspect in there responses you will get some insight directly from them on your question. I am sure Doug will post their responses. I hope he waits until he gets both responses. I do not want either party to be able to cater their response based on viewing the others first.

Ultimately, the single most important aspect to a grading company is whether or not they guarantee their product. More bluntly, will they buy back their mistakes. There is a company that takes great pride in their consistenty and ability to find alterations. This same company will undoubtably buy back their mistakes. If you have that companies slabs, I would not worry too much, as you know you will be reimbursed if there are any problems.