View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone Know a Chet Woods?

Posted By: John

“It's true. I find internet dating other baseball card collectors creepy.”

Nobody said anything about dating, besides you’re probably not my type, and yeah we know you’re not into it.

“Stalk much?” LMAO

Full of yourself much. “The Misfud Collection” If you want to remain anonymous, perhaps labeling your collection with the provenance of your last name is not the way to go about staying anonymous.

“Careful now, we just have a dispute over what is an impermissible alteration. I subscribe to the school (also subscribed to by Leon and other respected collectors) that art erasing and soaking off gunk is not an impermissible alteration. I find trimming to be impermissible and believe, rightly or wrongly, that many PSA 7+ T206 cards have been trimmed.”

No we are having a dispute over grade bumping which results in financial gain, regardless of methods.

“I am. SGC grades. Not PSA grades. Favoring SGC over PSA is not hypocritical. I love grading. Can't get enough of it. Hating PSA doesn't make me hypocritical.”

Still don’t see a difference still chasing a numerical grade regardless of whose quality you like better. For you to rag on guys who chase PSA 7’s and then to chase SGC 40’s the only difference I see is price differences within those perspective grades, not to mention the holier than thou attitude you come across with.

“The way I see it, I'm in the minority. As long as great people like Chet Woods are getting bashed for selling PSA slop, you want me on that soap box, you need me on that soap box....”

No we don’t Paul. What we need is for you to just collect cards enjoy them and let it go, that’s what we really need.

“Perhaps if you did the graded card thing it wouldn't be getting old for you at this point.”

Maybe I will, maybe I wont. But what I wont do is post here every other week insinuating that my way is the right way, and the rest of you suckers are Lemmings.

”And I'm sure there are scores of PSA collectors who hate to read this stuff. But I like SGC and I don't mind sharing my thoughts.”

Scores of PSA collectors…my we are self-adsorbed aren’t we? I can safely say these guys don’t care or loose a minute of sleep regarding your commentaries on the world of PSA and card grading. Your one man quest to wave the banner of SGC, isn’t and will not change anything about the ways these guys collect PSA cards or the way PSA grades them.

“Agreed, and admittedly so, I just think SGC gets it right more often.”

Yeah we ALL know, once again we ALL get it you like SGC…..