View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone Know a Chet Woods?

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Tony and everyone else,

This may be a little OT but it has to do with the card the card and PSA holder.

PSA has a few different size holders. In general, we all accept that the E90-1 cards are slightly larger than T206 cards. PSA seems to have a holder for the T206 cards and they seem to encapsulate a lot of the T206 cards in that particular holder. If I happen to see an E90-1 stuffed into one of those holders a little siren goes off in my head because that PSA T206 holder (that's what I'll call it) seems just a bit too small for a traditionally sized E90-1 card. In this case it looks like they somehow shoved that E90-1 card into one of those T206 holders. This doesn't make it the buyers responsibility to automatically assume the worst but it's a rule of thumb that you can follow.

I've been collecting for a while but I wouldn't claim to be an expert in any particular set. If a seller was an absolute expert in E90-1 cards maybe they'd have known there was something wrong with this card and maybe there'd be a basis for a claim. But the fact remains that the item description indicates no returns on graded material and perhaps Chet isn't an expert in this set and he was relying on PSA to be that expert (hahahahahahhahahaha).

The best way to avoid this situation is to request larger size scans. I do it all the time. If the seller doesn't send a larger scan then I usually don't bid on the card.

Does anyone have any E90-1 cards stuffed into those PSA T206 holders? If so, it'd be interesting to see them.

Lets stop hitting Tony and praising Chet and lets start bashing PSA - we haven't had a really good PSA thumping in a while now.... this is something we can all come together on!

Why don't we have a PSA banner at the top of the page?