Thread: New Board Rule
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default New Board Rule

Posted By: JK

Dave,

Without commenting on whether your response to Robert was in line or not, as Barry says, you need not apologize for flipping cards. Everyone does it. If you dont feel comfortable asking questions about cards that you might sell to the board, feel free to email me. I may not have the answer (and for rarer issues, probably wont) but I will help if I can.

Mark,

You asked:

"Is the point of the new rule that the price a card just sold for on eBay is not indicative of fair market value, or that the more informed that buyers are made, the lower flippers' margins and therefore flippers need this protection?"

Are you serious? While ebay is often indicitive of fair market value, it is also possible to get deals on ebay and elsewhere. Regardless, isnt it the buyer's responsibility to inform themselves before they make a purchase and decide for themselves how much the card is worth to them without interference? Im sure we have all overpaid for cards if we wanted or needed them badly enough, so why should someone selling be hammered or have to defend him/herself for listing a card at a price that is higher than they paid or higher than what others believe the card to be worth?