Thread: Live Auctions?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Default Live Auctions?

Posted By: Paul

I participated in the auction through the Philip Weiss website, rather than through ebay (lower buyer's fee). I left my bid several days in advance. The Philip Weiss website did not allow me to follow the auction live, which is an area of improvement that I would suggest. But that my require costly software or hiring a person to input the constant updates, so I certainly understand if they choose not to.

As with everyone else, my real frustration came with ebay. I could watch the auction live, then I couldn't, then I couldn't figure out what was going on, and clearly incorrect final bids of $10 were reported on many, but not all, of the lots. For that reason, I was frustrated at the end of the day not knowing if I had won or lost. If it wasn't for the ebay aspect, I probably wouldn't have expected to be able to see instant results, so I wouldn't have complained on this board that I didn't know if I had won or lost.

This morning, I received a very nice call from someone at Philip Weiss' company informing me that I had won the E98 Lajoie for a price I considered to be a real bargain. She also looked up the other lots I had bid on, and told me that sadly I had lost. When you put aside my expectation of being able to find out results instantly, this was certainly prompt and courteous customer service.

Paul