Thread: Live Auctions?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Default Live Auctions?

Posted By: Phil Weiss

I have read and appreciate all the messages left on this board, as a matter of fact I will be using them in the event I have to take any legal action regarding this incident. For 20+ years I have been in the auction business, I have always tried to offer nice material and have people able to participate easily in my auctions. This Saturday was the worst auction experience in my companies history. Eighty lots into our sale Ebay auctions site went down, they do not allow auction houses access to contact potential bidders to offer direct bidding through the auction house. My comment to all that could not bid is simple, instead of relying on the computer for bidding, why not phone in bids, mail in bids, come to the sale or set up for phone bidding.
The problems with the sale were totally out of my control, however if someone really wanted to bid they had the opportunity as did many to call and place their bids directly. I would be disappointed to see people not participate in future sales as a result of this, if you call our gallery you will find us more than helpful in taking your bids.
Please continue posting comments so that perhaps I can forward them to Ebay. Perhaps this might help them listen and become more customer co operative. Thanks Phil Weiss