View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default Deleted auction thread

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

Jeff,

That was the whole point. There was no altered material. Somebody created an email that shows before and after scans of cards that were bought by me on ebay and then upgraded. But the thing was that the cards were high-end for the grade when I bought them and nothing was done or had to be done to get the upgrade. The cards were cracked out and resubmitted and given a higher grade. What they didnt show were the examples of cards that were cracked out and received lower grades and or the same grade.

I made the point that I have never and will never trim or alter cards.

The emails do not prove anything other than the fact that I obtained a favorable grade. In fact, one of the cards in question was bought by me in a "3" and got bumped to a "4". The card had a crease when I bought it and still has a crease and I disclosed the crease in the auction.

I have been nothing but honest or upfront in any way as a dealer or auctioneer.

In fact, the other point that was made was, if I was up to nefarious activities why would I hold myself out to the public and stand behind the cards that I sell or auction?

Why not do what many others do? Trim and alter and get the cards graded successfully and them give them to an auction anonomously and never have to be held accountable.

This email was a deliberate attemp to defame me and hurt my business.

I have contacted my attorney and he is reviewing any and all public statments that were made. Also my best friend works for the FBI, he is researching the IP address etc that was used to send the anonomus email.

I have nothing to hide.

Charlie