View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Default FYI - Possible Trimmed Johnson PC

Posted By: Dave Rey

Well, you can definitely see that the cut is different because there is still image to the left of Johnson's shoe on the raw PC and the extra sky above Johnson on the raw PC matches up with the less space below the name on the bottom of the PC.

The two PCs just have a bit of cut variation, since these are full-bleed cards, it is highly likely there is "play" side to side and up and down on every one of these PC -- likely, very few would be identical in image position to another of the same PC.

You certainly can't use Photoshop to compare the two as there could be large differences in the resolutions that cause the sizing to not be exact for that sort of comparison.

I think the funkiness of the image largely comes from the downward angle the raw PC was shot from -- that has a tendency to distort the up and down direction. Simple optical perception that anybody that deals with amateur-shot images understands and regularly sees.

That being said -- I can't (and neither can anybody else here) make any absolute judgments as to trimming without having the card in my paws.