View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default Outsniped! -- Is this Matty?

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I have a U of Nebraska team photo from about the same time period and those guys all look older than college age to me too, but for the time period I don't think that was unusual. Look at the major leaguers from that time period -they all look like old men. I even look at my mom and dad's high school yearbook from the 1960s and all of those kids look older than the high school kids of my day. As for the sour-pusses that's not unusual for the time period either as most people didn't smile for photos....not sure when people started saying "cheese" for the camera, but it wasn't in 1912. And the guy holding his cleats looks to me like he's wearing regular shoes and not cleats. The guy who looks like Matty sure does look an awful lot like him, but to me he seems a bit too husky to be Matty.

I wouldn't feel too bad about running the other guy up on the photo though because he obviously put in an amount that he was comfortable with....it just so happens so did you. I've paid way more than what some things are "worth" on ebay -especially Lincoln Athletic/Chiefs items because I may never see another one and I don't regret it one bit. In fact I think i've run some of my competition off because I've been getting some things a lot cheaper than I did in the past.