View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Default a little venting- shutting Ebay auctions down

Posted By: rhys

Before this gets out of hand I want to say one thing.

I have never asked a seller to end an auction early if bids have been placed on an item. That is my personal moral issue with doing this. When I asked the seller if they were interested in selling OR ADDING A BUY IT NOW to this auction for a price (stated) no bids were placed. He responded to me and said no problem, still no bids placed. I paid the man and it took him a few days to get around to closing the auction for whatever personal reasons he had in doing so. Only because he took so long did any bids get placed and cancelled.

I am sure some on the forum might disagree with this tactic, but this is what I feel ok doing and feel there is nothing wrong with it.

I have asked this question about 30 times on ebay in the last 5 years. Probably 20 times they say no, about 8 times they add buy it nows which I use (and sometimes dont get to quick enough) and a few times they close the auction down. This being the first time any bids were cancelled.

If this offends anyone, I apologize. But in a system where this what goes on thousands of times a day, I see nothing wrong with asking the question when no bids have been placed on an item.