View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: Glen V

So there still is the question: how big is this effort? Even limiting inclusion to paper products, there must be hundreds of issues w/o ACC #s. Cutting out premiums and postcards would greatly reduce the number, but that doesn't seem like a good solution. We all know most people don't care about the ACC. For the ones who do, if you leave out their area of collecting, it will turn them off too. To do this right, it must be as complete as possible. However, I think that could be the projects downfall. I would think that too many new numbers for issues that don't need numbers would only reduce the chance that new ACC #s ever get accepted.

As for non-paper items, some of the no-name felts would be ideal for new ACC #s. Why leave them out? There are so few to include and numbers would actually make sense in their case. There's one shaped sort of like an iron - anyone have a picture of that type. Some people are probably thinking "what are you taking about", which is exactly why that issue could use an ACC #. Two more that really deserve #s:

I may be completely off base here. What do others think? I can't believe there are so few posts about this topic!