View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: leon

First of all I think Jim M has taken enough abuse. He and I spoke this morning and he is going to change his tactics a little bit. Honestly, I told him I hope that he posts MORE on the BST pages. That way maybe I can buy something else that he has taken time to uncover and I can whittle him down to a price that is good for both of us. We spoke about profanity, on the board, which I am going to have less tolerance for, going forward. We spoke about having something in hand before trying to sell it, which he agrees is a better way to do it......so we discussed several things that were all good.

As for buying or selling on the BST I am saying again that if I see something on there that is what I feel is below market then I might buy it to put on my website. I suggest anyone selling on the BST remember that you might be selling to a "flipper" or collector. It's no different than on ebay, where I am prone to do the same thing. Guys, honestly, it's almost the only way I can afford to add to my collection anymore. On the other hand what I don't care for is someone telling me that they NEED something for their personal collection and I make a special deal because of that. Then a short time later they sell it. It's certainly their right to do that but they shouldn't say they NEED it for their collection then flip it a short while later. Again, it's ok.....but I would prefer them not telling me a story. For the record too I am all about helping collectors so if anyone sees anything I have and they really NEED it...ask me....I will often make it where it's attainable.....

As to Barry's comments I do understand completely and accept your views. I wouldn't mind a dealer posting stuff on the BST every now and then but most I talk to would prefer not to. As I have always maintained "anything in moderation probably isn't too bad"....

with kind regards,
moderator dude