View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: jeff lichtman

I think I agree with the original poster on this thread somewhat; I'd like to think that the sharks go to ebay or the auction houses to sell and the hobby enthusiasts who sell to each other here should be a little more sensitive and not be so quick to rip someone off. After all, this is a community of like-minded individuals who share a very esoteric passion. We should respect each other and not be so quick to grab every dollar we can. I can tell you from personal experience that I have sold cards to board members on this and other forums for prices under retail value because the buyer needed the card(s) for his collection and I wanted to help out. The world is round and everyone should go a little easier. I'm not against anyone making a profit here but if we can't be treated with kid gloves here by sellers than this is not the sanctuary it should be. I've had some hilariously ridiculous unsolicited offers from board members that, should I have accepted, I would have been badly ripped off. I've also paid board members prices for cards that I felt were full retail value but were happy to have the chance to own the cards and, while I could have talked the prices down 10% or so, I felt that the sellers were fair in their prices and should be rewarded for not trying to rip me off. As I said, life is circular and you all get what you deserve in the end. So why not behave a little more charitably to the few people on the planet who don't think you're nuts for spending all this time and money on old, smelly cardboard?