View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: Seth B.

This is going to be an inflammatory topic, so I want to preface it by saying that I don't mean any of this as a personal attack. I hardly know you people. This is more of a general lament about some things I've noticed, and I want to see if everyone on the board has no problem with this (in which case I'll be quiet and good, and no peeps out of me), or if this is something others have noticed. So, here goes,
I have observed that the B/S/T is becoming more mercantilist, more people digging up things off of e-bay or from other unwitting sellers and immediately flipping them at marked up prices. We see this all the time, and I don't begrudge a buddy a buck. But I consider this the territory of dealers.
And frankly, seeing it on the B/S/T upsets me. This is a collector's board, and I hope it fosters collecting. But I see the BST used as a way to make money, pure and simple. My hopes for a B/S/T would be a way to help those looking for sets or cards find those cards. It's a way to connect collectors and help collections. Dealing, which is distinct from that, is fine, but my opinion is that it belongs on dealer websites, not on a collector's board buy/sell/trade.
Those are my two-cents.