View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Bogus T206 Packs

Posted By: davidcycleback

What I always find interesting is that the man who produced the standard tax stamp
charts/history used by collectors to help date packs was an anti-tobacco campaigner
who studied the history of the tobacco industry as part of his campaign. I asked him
if I could reproduce his chart for the benefit of baseball card collectors and he said
no problem.

I beleive MRIs are expensive. And I don't know how the doctor will look at you when you
bring in a cigarette pack as the patient. Maybe he'll say, "Hey, if I get the same
per MRI, what do I care? Bring in a lamp next time."

My doctor's family has his aunt's wedding program signed by Ty Cobb. Apparently
Cobb was staying at the same Philadelphia hotel where the wedding was taking place.
Each and every time I visit him, in the middle of the checkup he remembers I'm involved
with sports memorabilia and tells me about the Cobb wedding program ... According
to him Cobb was quite the gentleman and danced a dance with his aunt ... Next time I
see the good doctor, I'll ask him about the logistics of MRIing a cigarette pack.
As he has an interest in old baseball memorabilia, he might not find the subject
too silly. Realize that I've taken lithium for most of my adult life, and he might
alter the dosage if I bring up a subject any sillier than MRIing a cigarette pack.