View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default reprints on ebay

Posted By: david

joe, i took the same approach- devoured everything i could read and then bought. i feel good about the decision to unslab. zach, are all of your t206s out of slabs right after you purchase them? my strategy is a bit different than most others i've read, and i hope i don't end up screwing myself by sharing- i don't care about the hof'ers. i am operating under the assumption that in 1910 people were more likely to save a ty cobb anything than, say, some minor leaguer nobody ever heard of. because i want a set and don't really care about condition, i am focusing first and foremost on the scarcest cards. there is always a graded cobb on ebay and even if the price goes up, up, up, i would rather have a mullaney now and spend 2k in 10 years on a cobb than 1k on cobb now and be begging everyone for a mullaney in 10 years and find myself offering ludicrous amounts of money for some minor leaguer nobody ever heard of. sort of like how everyone and their mother has an 85 topps clemens, but how many people will have an authentic vern rhule in 100 years?