View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Default The 2006 National

Posted By: ErikV

I just got back from Wednesday's "Sneak Peek" at the National. Don't know what anyone else thought, but I was a bit disappointed with the show. The show itself was smaller than the previous Anaheim National (in 2000). LOTS of new glossy/shiney stuff. Many tables selling non-sports related memorabilia (ie football helmets, jerseys, movie posters, etc). There were even a handful of empty tables.

Attendance was light. However, I did hear several dealers comment that they were pleased with their sales thus far. The autograph section seemed to be busy. At one point they were turning people away due to time constraints.

The corporate booths had several nice displays. Sotheby's had a nice group of T4's which will be featured in their upcoming October auction.

PSA had the McNall/Gretsky PSA 8 Honus Wagner card on display.

I think it was American Memoribila had a 1930's Babe Ruth jersey on display which will be going up on their next auction.

I also saw the group of Old Judge cards from the "Indianapolis Find." I was amazed at the condition of the cards! (Many of the cards had excellent clarity and rich color.)

There was plenty of 50's, 60's and 70's (and newer) baseball cards.

There was a decent amount of pre-war cards including T206. Saw a few T210's and T222's. Not much in the way of PCL.

I met a number of Net54 members and did take some pics. (I'll try to have them posted by the weekend.) I'm hoping the show warms up some as the weekend approaches!