View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default No Returns on Graded Cards

Posted By: Eric

I think there should be returns on graded cards. I also think people put too much faith that the grader has accurately assessed the condition of the card. Below is a link to a boxing card that I purchased on ebay and subsequently returned. It has been relisted by the seller. There is a noticeable surface crease on the front of the card that does not show up in the scan and, therefore, was not in EX condition (PSA 5)....at least not in my opnion. This crease was not mentioned in the original description of the item but is mentioned now. The seller agreed to refund me my money. How big of a scan do you need to see all of the defects in the card? and should I assume that cards graded PSA 5 have no creases or surface wrinkles when I'm bidding on them? I also notice that the seller now has a "no refund" disclaimer - that was not there in the original auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MECCA-T220-J-MACE-T-KING-PSA-EX5_W0QQitemZ320004225329QQihZ011QQcategoryZ55985Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem