Thread: Major finds?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Major finds?

Posted By: Zach Rice

Just recently, I flew down to North Carolina for an estate auction which advertised tobacco cards. When we arrived at this little auction house in a run down shopping center we walked in and asked about the tobacco cards. It was the day before the auction and they were just starting to set up tables with all of the items and their lot numbers. The owner of the place went into his office and came out with seven plastic baggies and kinda slapped them down on a table in front of us. Each baggy had a post it note on it saying what each bag contained. In total there were 7 bags, 6 of which had a baseball player in them. They were all cards given out with Allen and Ginter and most were nonsports. There were N28s, N29s, N43s, N41s, etc. I slowly opened the first bag to reveal an ex N43 Ewing and held it completely raw in my hand. All of the cards were in great condition. The cards, when auctioned the next day, got way more attention then we would have though but we still managed two baggies. Once of which contained 4 N43s and an N28 Cap Anson. The other, a few N28s and an ex-mt N36 Red Cloud.