View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Default Wholesale Card Company

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Richard....Your post prompted me to dig into the archive....Yeko / Wholesale Cards was definitely a MAJOR player in the late 60's-mid 70's. The beginning inventory was assembled in the 50's by Gordon B. Taylor. In the early 60's Taylor sold out to M.A. Kohler (No relation to David). In late '62 Kohler sold out to Marshall Oreck, who added the stock to his inventory. Oreck sold the remaining inventory to Yeko in early '66. When Yeko merged this inventory with his, he was likely the largest dealer at the time (With Card Collectors Company in New York just barely behind)... I last saw him set up at the '88 National in Atlantic City & bought some unopened product from him (early 60's) and a thousand count lot of Washington Nationals.... I've just typed up an 7-figure order for him, based on his 1966 prices. My stock of '64 Standups is running low, so I ordered 1000 sets at $3 each........... Oh, & Leon, this was done without a breath, at the same time I was on the phone with a client discussing a College Football ticket stub collection he has for sale.