View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default How do you organize your T206s

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

This searching through T206s looking for EPDG backs, and then for Sov 150 backs, has worn me out. Especially when looking for backs of those 7 cards of Ames, Doyle, Ewing, Jones STL, Lindaman, Lundgren CHI, and Schulte CHI.

So... How do you guys currently organize your T206s??? I used to have them in Beckett number order. Then, after a few years, I went to the completely alphabetical order, as in the Standard Catalog. That was a pain when I'd completed the southern leaguers, if I'd left them in Beckett order I'd feel satisfaction in seeing them all together.

But then I got to thinking, and spread out the little rascals on the dining room table, having been inspired by another rereading of Mr. Lipset's writings on T206s. I looked at his lists, thought of Bert Sugar and his books, and decided that the collectors of years past had it right when they sorted the cards by teams. It is beautiful! You can see the progressions in series that way, the changes in the poses. It was fantastic, until it came to trying to recall which team "Ewing" played for so I could resond to the question about the 7 cards. For that I had to look at one of the "new" lists. But my cards are still by team. Which is how I think they should be cataloged, but newcomers would never understand. Anyone else sort by team?