View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Default Let's See Some SGC Mistakes & Overgrades

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

I think I understand where Lee is coming from with the point of this thread and while it is not as ruthless as others who have posted similar topics, it does seem to be somewhat improper or pointless. We all know that grading companies make mistakes so why is it that we feel the need to have a public hanging, per se, every so often? We pay them for their services, they do the best they can with what they have for the money we pay them. Obviously some companies make fewer errors than others and therefore really do a better job.

Although this is not really directed at anyone in particular, I am just wondering who decided it was ok to put grading companies under the microscope 24/7? This is not to say that we should ignore the errors and mistakes but why crucify them publicly for doing their job? I don’t think there is anyone on here who could tolerate being under that constant scrutiny or pressure knowing that if they messed up they were going to be made a fool of on a board like this. It has also been my observation that rarely, if at all, do threads get started singing praises for the job they do when they do it right.

Again, this is not directed at Lee for raising the thread but moreover just a reaction to having threads like this in the first place. I just do not see anything beneficial coming from them. Just an opportunity for us to moan, as I am now doing.