Thread: Set Registry
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Default Set Registry

Posted By: T206Collector

Al,

There are two All Time sets of PSA 7 or higher at 95%+ completion.

http://www.psacard.com/set%5Fregistry/display_rsets.chtml?setid=83&set_name=1909%2D11%20T206%20White%20Border

I was aware of these stats when I made my original post. My point was very simple -- let's get Jim or you to identify whatever cutoff you want for "never will there be another better set registered" and we'll see if it comes true. The higher the threshold, the more people will agree with you. The lower the threshold, the fewer people will agree with you. If you choose PSA 9 at 100% completion for E107, I would agree that no one will ever get there in any of our lifetimes. If you choose PSA 3 at 75% completion for T206, well, then... well, you get the picture.

Either way, I just want a definition -- an average grade cutoff of a defined set, including what percentage of completion is acceptable. Then we can have an honest debate about whether more are out there -- and in the event more pop up, I can come back here and say, told you so. And if not, you can continue to come back here and say that you were all-knowing.