View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default I RELIZE WHY DEALER'S LOVE PSA

Posted By: Jim F

Mike. First of all, any dealer talking like that is a clown and not a reputable dealer. Second, if you are at a show looking at the cards in person, pay more attention to the card and not the label. If YOU think it's over graded, don't buy it!! We can argue all day about consistency and the flaws of each company, but the bottum line is the major grading companies are needed when it comes to internet trading. I would rather take the word of psa than some unknown person on ebay with photoshop selling his Mint cards. As far as the grading companies causing prices to go up, that's one of the silliest things I've ever heard!! WE drive prices up. Only demand or lack of it, can move a market. If collectors do not bid against each other for cards, the prices go down. Show dealers just try to reflect realized prices but it is much, much harder to get top dollar at a show rather than at auction. And of course there are still your run of the mill, borderline scumbags that try and catch you sleeping, but it's up to you to do your homework before you put your hand in your pocket. If you're not comfortable, just say NO !! Jim