View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: peter ullman

i can add a little insight to the situation tbob...but not the whole story. let me 1st say I've never asked anyone to end an auction early becaus65e I am against it...so here goes.

I too was watching those ecards and some of the obaks. i was getting ready to leave town wed night and I was very interested in the e99,and 2 e100's. i emailed the seller who frequents this board and asked him if he'd consider ending the auctions early for me cuz i was leaving town and would not have access to a computer. i offered $650 for the 3 cards which I thought was very fair. seller said he'd think about it and email me in the morning. he never did, but i saw the auctions were closed so i thought i'd be ok. 3 days later seller emailed me saying he'd sold them for substantially higher than my offer was. i wss pissed at the lack of communication from the seller.

when i made my offer the total of the 3 cards was @$100. i aplogized to the seller when i made the offer for asking him to end the auction early as i've never done it and hate it when others do it.

i apologize if i angered anyone...i am very ethical and moral in general and this is probably why my collecti0on is average...i don't go for the jugular like many on this board do!

pete ullman in mn