View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Default Leon: The Bonds Thread....and O/T posts

Posted By: DJ

Leon does a great job on the Board, lay off.

As a person who uses other Forums and Message Boards to further my education in other collecting venues, there is utter chaos and nonsense and without order, there is truly chaos.

Leon's goal is to bring focus on a group that sometimes loses it's focus. We all use the Forum for different reasons and if we all had ambition to go "against the system", we would all start our own Forums and run it the way we want.

Imagine if Leon didn't exist? It would be like all of us kids in the house, left for a weekend and it was great at first and then you realize that you need Leon (and the posse) because nobody in the house can cook or wash clothes. Without order, we would still have Adam J. telling everyone that people who collect low grade cards are losers. Has anyone seen the chaos in the CU Board? Flashing avatar's and signature images that take up half the screen.

The Bonds thread was an important O/T topic because it challenges what the common goal is of everyone here, the joy of the sport and live with it or ignore it. I was annoyed by some of the comments, but I got over it and moved on. The world is simply too big to find annoyance in the opinions of some and this is after all, still a hobby enjoyed by all...this big gigantic dysfunctional collecting family that is the n54, VBC Forum.

DJ