View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Default Leon: The Bonds Thread....and O/T posts

Posted By: T206Collector

"Where else can i listen to people who actually saw these guy's play and get all of the different take's."

I guess my point is that I don't go to this site to hear about what people thought when they saw Mantle play in 1963. And if that is what you want to talk about, there must be some place else that caters to that interest. If there isn't, feel free to start one. If other people really want to chat about that stuff, then your brand new Mickey Mantle Fan Club/Sey Hey Kids Fansite, will really take off with all of those interested readers and people just dying to post about that stuff.

Look, I understand that the subject matters in threads might move OT, like why Cobb was better than Mantle, or some such, turning into a discussion about Mantle within that thread. But I will never understand starting a thread about Barry Bonds, or even a spinoff thread from that thread about Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays, on a board dedicated to pre-WWII baseball cards.

Finally, I also understand that this is not a democracy and that Leon is the all-knowing, all-powerful moderator, and that is a bargain that I am happy to live with. But I think it is fair play to come down on all the OT posts that have been cropping up lately, even if Leon is more understanding of some of them.

Just think of this -- someone wants to learn more about their grandfather's collection of fine caramel cards, and they do a search on Google and come up with this Board. The first thing they will get to read about is Barry Bonds. To me, that is just sad.