View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Default how much will it bring?

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

"After all, given how much I paid for the card... I would have an EASY claim against PSA for a FULL REFUND of my purchase price if it turned out that they had misdated the card."

You bring up an interesting (in this case) hypothetical question Hal. I am not so sure someone who buys a mislabelled card would have an EASY claim against PSA (or any grading service), certainly not for a full refund of the purchase price. What would the claim be, negligence? What's the standard of care, how much research does PSA have to do for its $50 grading fee? If so, did PSA owe a duty of care just to the person who submitted it or to the world in general including every potential future owner? And the hypothetical plaintiff didn't buy the card from PSA, so is PSA obligated to repurchase it or (assuming liabilty) to pay consequential damages which I guess would be the difference between what it was worth as identified and as accurately identified. I think it would be a more complex case than your initial assessment, and a pretty interesting one too.