View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default ebay buy it now pricing

Posted By: davidcycleback

As a seller, I would rather something sell 10 minutes into the auction than wait 7 days. Sometimes if there are two watchers on an item with no bid, I'll put a BIN at the minimum bid just to get it sold right away. Once in a while if there's only one bidder on an item for several days straight, I'll end the auction early and let them have it at the minimum bid-- in particular when I know the person specializes in that area.

I'm not into giving things at great deals and I do allow most auctions go to the end (I also have BIN items in a store), but I can live without items having 0 bids for 6 days. If I can get something sold at a reasonable price right away I'll do it.

So for all the bidders who don't place a bid for the first 6 days 24 hours 59 minutes, you now know why a seller would rather put something at BIN and get it sold right away. When someone places a minimum bid on an item, I would never end the auction other than to sell to them at the minimum bid-- so I never understand why people don't mark an item by bidding the minimum.