View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default No more Fort Washington show???

Posted By: barrysloate

Hi Barry:

of course i remember you. i miss those early days and think about great people like you all the time. I read the thread and it was nice to see old friends like Ted Z, Bill Todd, Rich Klein, Jay B, etc. I did leave the card
hobby in 1992. my last show was the National that year. my wife did not want to travel anymore to shows and that left me either alone or hiring so i decided to give it a rest. 14 years later i am still resting

we do perform magic and clowning (Ellen is a a real pro with audiences especially kids) and i do the magic. i now have a rather impressive magic collection to replace the baseball card collection i sold. i collect antique
magic books specializing in the 19th century. kind of like the Old Judges of magic. i just love the Victorian era whether it be baseball or magic.

a lot of people knew i was a magician including Alan Rosen, Phil Spector, Dick DeCourcey, Bill Huggins. As a matter of fact i performed at Bill's house on Super Bowl Sunday. I have kept in touch with Bill even golfing
occasionally with him. he is my oldest friend in the hobby. actually i am a pretty good magician having won the originality contest in our Columbia, MD club three times and once at a regional convention in Pennsylvania. there is
no greater thrill than getting laughter and applause from an audience. it keeps me young (at 56 now).

i could go on for hours. it was really a trip down memory lane hearing from you. say hi to the rest of the T206 gang for me.

if you want you can post this on the thread you sent me. i appreciate all the kind words from the posters. must have been the good prices

best regards,
wayne