View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default Is it unreasonable to conclude that relatively rare cards are held by collectors

Posted By: identify7

E107s were never intended to be more than an example of one of the types of finds which could exist.

Some of the types of finds (IMHO) include:

1. Hoards and collections, such as the relatively pristine CJs in recent history, are revealed.

2. Accumulations which significantly impact known individual card or set populations become known.

3. Previously unknown cards and sets enter the hobby.

4. Undocumented variations come to light.

Are there other possibilities?

Do I hope that some of this happens? Well, it is interesting when it does, but it does not matter to collectors who choose to only include lower priced cards in their collections. And although such revelations would heighten the hobby interest, Id like for them to not impact the value of existing collections adversely (but that is not possible, I guess)

Ok, I hope then that nobody finds a stash of Peck & Snyders too soon. Or at least that they aren't new contenders for the first card, or are in worse shape, or something to invalidate their desireability.

That is, unless I find them. Now wouldn't that be great!

Id buy me a great big pastrami sandwich and a pickle. And Id buy one for each of you (non-lurkers only). And maybe a beer, if you are old enuff.