View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Default How many complete T206 sets exist compared to those who own Wags?

Posted By: Joe P.

I agree with JimB,if a COLLECTOR was an owner of a Wagner, chances are that that he/she would try for the set.

About 1990, I worked on a list of known Wagner owners and I also kept track of card movement as best as I could.
I had about 45 known owners on that list.
And for me, that was before the internet.
If you stop and think, the information wasn't shabby considering it was all raw research digging.
I strongly feel that there are over 100 Wagner's out there.
The only one that could possibly have a complete set, and this is no secret to any knowledgeable Collector in the hobby, .... is Larry Fritsch.
Back in 1987, he owned the first two Doyle's and almost a third one. .... some dumb @ss collector in the east coast lucked out on that one.

The question about calling a set a complete set when it is a known fact that there's a card, or cards missing, .... is childlike.
Any serious collector would have a difficult time erasing known facts from their mind.

True - we're all insanely involved to some degree in a kids hobby, but it doesn't mean that we have to play make believe.

My count for the Doyle.
Three known for sure.
One strong possible, owned by a dealer.
One questionable, obtained by a dealer, same time period and show that the Rosen/Keith O./Grader fiasco in 2001.