View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Cat

Al:

It is without a doubt the same scan. The caramel stains are dead on the same...every one. There is one identifying feature that I addressed with Jeannie as a dead give away...there is a mark under his nose (black buggar) that is very unique. Owning the card, I hardly noticed it, until one day I scanned it with super high resolution and there it was...not really noticeable, to any extent, with the naked eye, but definate in the scan view. When I get back to my home office, I will gladly insert that scan (Leon is going to allow the supersize version to understand my point), but now that you know, you will see it too, even in the smaller versions.

I believe, I have not disparaged her but presented some facts. She didn't take anyone's money and dropped the listing very quickly after I brought it to her attention, so I give her credit for that. But as many of us speculated, she did not state that it was just a mistake with a consignment she listed. It makes you wonder. WIWAG was a credible entity some years ago too. I have my own story about that...having at one time owned seven PSA 8 Pete Rose rookies...six of which had originated from WIWAG even though I had only directly purchased one from them. Messy!!!

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.