View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default Peck & Snyder's WERE sold as cards!!!

Posted By: Rich Jacobs

Hal and Ryan: I think you are both misinterpreting the card slightly. It states that Peck & Snyder was a wholesaler. It would be very logical for it to give the sample card to each of its retail dealers who sold baseball supplies directly to the public. After looking at the sample card, each retailer could then buy cards in bulk with the Peck & Snyder information on the back, and could give them away free to its retail customers. The cards would, supposedly, spur retail customers to buy baseball supplies. That would, of course, benefit not only the retailer, but Peck & Snyder from whom the retailer would have to purchase wholesale.

Has anyone seem one of these cards with information on it from a retailer? If so, that would indicate they could be purchased in bulk and then printed with the retailer's information. However, since they all seem to be with Peck & Snyder information, I would think what I said above is correct: retailers could buy them and give them away with purchases, and Peck & Snyder as the wholesaler thought this would increase the profits of both it and the retailers.