View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Default Been out of the Loop for long while

Posted By: Joe_G.

You will be receiving a lot of email with an introduction like that. Congrats, sounds like you have some very nice pieces. Just a couple comments for your consideration.

1) Some of the most enthusiastic collectors hang out here (both posting and lurking). In short, a good audience to obtain information from.

2) On the flip side, beware those that try to suggest selling a large portion of your holdings before you can assess value either here or by researching recent auctions including eBay. Many here seem willing to share already completed research in areas of their specialty which can save you the time and trouble.

3) Grading standards seem to have changed a bit with the advent of "professional" grading companies (SGC, PSA, & GAI). For example, what many used to consider EX may now be considered Good by many. If at all possible, provide pictures/scans to better communicate card condition (front and back).

4) B/S/T forum (Buy / Sell / Trade) link at the top of this page. Our moderator dude, Leon, or someone similar will likely encourage you to share much of the above information there if you decide to sell.

That stated, enjoy sharing your collection and the money it may bring you. I'll close by saying I would personally have an interest in any 19th century Detroit items you may have available (as will a couple of my friends, Joe M., Joe J., Troy K., Keith T., etc.). Looking forward to more details on what you may have.

Regards,
Joe Gonsowski