View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default Who will be more popular 500 years from now: Babe Ruth or John Lennon?

Posted By: PoorYorik

I think a lot of people believe Jim Morrison was a better artist than John Lennon. I believe his poetry is actually studied in some college courses. .

As for the Babe...Just ask kids now which of the two they know and you will get a good idea where that trend will continue. Kids weren't alive for either one of them and you already are getting a taste on who is 'remembered' when oneself was not even living then. Since most know Ruth, and most have no idea who Lennon is, it is quite evident on who's fame is being passed on by word of mouth(or by any other means). How many elementary schools have books about Babe Ruth? ALl of them. How about Lennon? Hardly.

As for baseball? If something like baseball isn't being played or remembered, then chances are that something has shattered society as we know it today, and I doubt cd's or John lennon would be on anybody's minds either.

Baseball has been around forever. Not in the form we know it, but in stick and ball games. Lets face it, its fun to whack things with a stick and watch them fly, and I doubt our evolution will change much in 500 years to take away that feeling. I also doubt that the inevitable "who can hit it further" will change either.