View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Default update on the Miller vs. PSA lawsuit -- Miller owes PSA!!

Posted By: Todd Schultz

<<I suspect had he done better in the settlement they would have fabricated another important "press release" which provided that info.>>

As I said, the settlement is probably subject to confidentiality, if so, there would be no press release.

Steve, the lawsuit was hardly frivolous, and indeed, the jury found that CU had violated the law--that Collectors Universe used Miller's name on 14,060 Certificates of Authenticity without his permission. Keep in mind that the statute CU violated also allows for recovery of costs and fees to Miller, so your comments to the effect that his lawyers would cut and run rather than continue the matter is inane speculation. At this point, appellate briefs are an incredibly small amount of work given what would have been expended taking the matter from inception to a jury trial. Given the potential upside of a successful appeal versus the work involved in pursuing it, I would have to think that the fees were not a factor, and that there is,as I said, more to this than meets the eye.