View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default What % do you spend on cards?

Posted By: identify7

It starts out simple enuff - an assembly of cards which are attractive to you, for lots of reasons. But it grows, grows more. It outgrows all attempts to contain it. The shoebox, binder(s), all attempts to enclose it. Eventually it becomes too valuable for the house itself.

And it must be fed. Continuously. Until you alone are not enuff of a provider. More cards, it must grow - it must eat.

Gentlemen: get control back!

Right now I just received two cards yesterday (none today). I have two singles incoming from purchases and a group from a trade. I am negotiating a purchase and trying to figure out how I am going to afford a multiple card offer which is pending. And I know myself to be an aspiring minor player in this game. And yet the incessent call "feed me".

It no longer is a hobby if you don't spend equal or better time enjoying your assembly of cards. And if they are not even in your home; how can you do that?

The behemoth must be controlled. Until the past couple of months I have limited my acquisitions to a budgeted expenditure which included other collectibles. Right now, there are no other collectibles budgeted. And I am over my budget.

I will stop, sit back and enjoy. My budget? Up to 2% earnings for baseball cards. Total collectibles = 5% or less, usually (that is formerly)less.