View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default OT but at least no jerseys died in the making of this card

Posted By: jay behrens

The Mona Lisa is one of favorite works of art and I love it as much as I love baseball, so yes, I am camparing historically significant baseball artifacts to DaVinci art.

I personally don't understand what satisfaction a person gets from having a swatch of a uniform or a sliver of bat. It's is totally meaningless when you destroy the original item. All context has been destroyed and it is nothing more than a piece of cloth or a sliver of wood.

About once a year, I buy some modern cards just to open. I had never open a pack with a chase card in it and always thought it would be cool to get one. Well, I got one a few weeks ago. You know what, I could have cared less. It was a sliver of a bat. BFD!!! Now if I had gotten a redemption cert to get the whole bat, that would have been cool and exciting. A sliver of wood in a card is just stupid. You may as well shave some wood off a park bench. No one would know the difference.

Jay

If you can sue a band for making you want to commit suicide, can I sue Barry Manilow for turning me into a wuss in the 70s?