View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Default baseball ambrotype

Posted By: ramramram

Wow! I just got caught up on these posts. Looks like it has taken a life of its own. I figured the winner must be somebody from this board. Congrats Trevor! I was the underbidder and I had waited to post about this auction after it was over because I wanted to keep the auction clean and talk about this great find after the fact. Looks like that hasn't happened though (and...no...I'm not one of the people that made an offer after the fact, I shot my bid during the auction, and I hope Trevor knows that). If Trevor's upset about this topic being posted and discussed, then I'm at a loss. For one, I simply was saying what had held me back on pursuing it harder (one of which was the sellers feedback and there was another issue as well) and that I had concerns as to whether it was actually an ambro. I ended up being convinced enough that it was an ambro though by the seller. Most people confuse dag's and tintypes but most people don't know what an ambro even is. The seller said it was definitely an ambro, which means to me he must know what he is talking about. Trevor will know soon enough so it makes everything else moot. I would certainly be livid as well though if I found out others were interfering after the fact. I don't think it's fair though to tie your anger to this posting. This is an exciting new find and worthy of discussion. You should be proud of your new ambro.

Rob M.