View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Default The $1,300 bath - can someone explain this?

Posted By: DJ

I think it may simply come down to getting caught in the moment and/or bad business.

I actually see this quite often to be honest with you and I don't understand why. Take for instance the weeks following the Barry Halper auction in New York City. A lot of it ended up in catalogs and a lot of people took minimal losses weeks later. A lot of it ended up on eBay and I remember seeing three items that a seller purchased from the Live Auction where he paid $12,000 for it and he was only able to garner $6,500 back on his investment on eBay. I was able to do well following the auction.

I was intrigued by the Radbourne and actually rather shocked by the final price. I couldn't get past the heavy crease and the fact that I was tantalized by a Board member's offering of a higher grade card for a very nice price. I couldn't believe the second time around that it only sold for $799 but I think if you look carefully, you will find more deals like this for some reason following an auction. Maybe people thinking that eBay is a larger forum and that it will get more eye balls than a catalog. Who knows but all I know is that I rather dislike losing money.

DJ