View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Default The USPS is really bad lately

Posted By: leon

As usual I am opposite of the going sentiment. I dislike the USPS but still need to use it. The tracking is horrible at best (unless you pay for registered blah blah...or catastrophically high insurance), whenever I go to ANY of the 5 USPS stations I have gone to, it's never too pleasant. They are friendly folks but I always leave with the feeling "did I do the right thing in shipping services?". Also, I think the people working at the counters are on commission or something? Seems like you can ask them the same question about shipping 3 times and get 3 different answers and varying charges. I am going to try a UPS store on Monday so we'll see about high prices. I know if I set up my own account and then drop off my packages, at a very convenient UPS store, the prices will be much less. The UPS store still gets a stipend (better than nothing) for providing the service so they don't mind too much, I would imagine. My best luck has been with UPS and Fedex..One last thing...the USPS mailman that delivers the cards at my work is so slow it drives everyone crazy. We call him "speedy"...regards

edited for grammar