Thread: Tobacco packs
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default Tobacco packs

Posted By: Scot Reader (ebay: sreader3)

Richard,

This is a topic I have always wondered about. I'm not sure anybody can know how many unopened packs having T206 cards, for example, are out there. This is because it seems like there are ways to know for sure that a particular pack DOES NOT have a card (e.g. tax stamp later than 1910) but impossible to know for sure that a particular pack DOES have a card (e.g. 1909 or 1910 tax stamp does not guarantee there is a card, at least as I understand it).

On the subject of unopened T206-branded packs, I have a couple of questions that maybe you or some other person in the know on this board can answer:

1. Is it possible for a pack that has more than 10 cigarettes to contain a T206 card? If so, which brands?

2. Is it possible for a pack that self-identifies with other than a T206 factory/state to have a T206 card? The ones I'm thinking about are Sweet Caporal 10-packs that self-identify with Factory 30, North Carolina. We all know some T206 cards came from Factory 30, New York. Is it possible that Factory 30, North Carolina packs might contain a T206 card from Factory 30, New York? Or was Factory 30 moved from New York to North Carolina after the T206 production run such that these packs will never have a T206 card?

Any insights on these quesitons would be appreciated.

Scot