View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Default kinda sorta O/T: Wish list format for price guide

Posted By: Todd Schultz

but I used to subscribe to Beckett's online, because I wanted a searchable database for post-war cards. I don't recall what their checklists were like for pre-war, but I had already entered something like 13,000 pre-war cards by hand into my own spreadsheet/database, so it wasn't much of a concern. Anyway, their checklists were/are? great for downloading as text and pasting into spreadsheets, so it can be and has been done for some time. Adam is right, the checklists themselves are not copyright protected. The pricing information, format and display are protectible.

I too would like to see team affiliations placed with the cards on each checklist. I would also like a better set and card description--color photos would be nice for each set's exemplar. Two columns for prices would suffice for me, especially in pre-war where listing nm prices is a joke, owing to the infrequency of finding such cards. All known variations should be catalogued, and of course, all post-1981 stuff should have its own book. Finally, a separate price notation and pictures of companion pieces would be great, maybe alongside each set--showing what a pack or wrapper looks like, or a box or display piece.