Thread: finds
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default finds

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Jeff,

You kind of brought up an interesting topic -

"I thought I would get a lot of responses to this thread! I didn't mean for people to boast on how they ripped off an unsuspecting public."

Lets say you were at an estate sale and there happened to be a few old tobacco cards that really didn't look like very expensive items to the casual viewer. Lets say you knew the cards were worth $3,000 each rather than the $25 asking price.

Do you tell the person that is in charge of the estate sale that the items are underpriced and that they are worth thousands or do you just buy them?

If you knowingly purchased the items for a fraction of the value do you chalk it up to your experience in card knowledge or do you chalk it up to the estate sales people not knowing what they had?

Would it be wrong to feel that you just found a great bargain or should you feel guilty about ripping someone off that didn't know any better?

If this were a flea market, would it make a difference? And lets go into this discussion without stating that their was risk involved because the cards could have been reprints, remember, you're the card experts and you know that the under priced cards are real.

I hope I didn't hijack this thread. If this is off topic from the original post then please ignore this.