View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default NO "B" Sweeney T206

Posted By: Bob Marquette

Dan- I have had this happen twice, once on a T205 Hoblitzell no stats years ago. The Hoblitzell guy actually had received the money through paypal and someone emailed him and told him he had goofed (I think I paid around $500) and then bought it from him. There are definitely gutless cowards around, I agree. Most recently David S. won the E94 lot of 13 cards in Hunt's Auction when my bid wasn't properly carried out. It was not David's fault, as a live bidder. He didn't know who the other bidder was nor how much the bid was for, just what was called out. When David was gracious enough to mention on the board that he would sell me a few of the cards from that lot, a couple of jackasses who read it on this board told him that if he did not put them on ebay or if he sold them to me without others getting a chance to bid on them that they would boycott his auctions in the future. What a bunch of low life cretins. I hope you are reading this and know exactly who you are. I'm one of the oldest guys on this board and try to avoid confrontations, but I sure would like to meet you at the national and have you tell me to my face who you are, you feckless miscreants.
Any way, I feel your pain Dan.
Be well,
tbob