View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay is getting better on Feedback policies

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Ebay's feedback is a very difficult system to deal with. The concept is that each side is supposed to judge the others based on their obligation. According to eBay, As a seller, you are to judge on prompt payment and whether or not the buyer read the stipulations (ie... do they have a confirmed address if that is the only place you will ship to ... etc..etc..) Buyers are supposed to judge on a variety of things from promptness of service to quality of item, to how well they deal with a problem. Unfortunately, as many have said, pandora's box has been opened. Back in the day, you used to be able to leave anyone feedback at any time regardless of whether or not you even had a transaction with them. We get attacked for our shipping charges all the time, however people fail to realize a few key facts: A) Our shipping charges are listed upfront B) B/c we ask that the Shipping & Handling is paid for by the buyer, we are able to offer our clients items at 99 cents and no reserve. It drives the bid price up while at the same time insuring that our costs are covered. C) Many sellers on eBay do not understand how shipping really works, and often time lose a great deal of money because they don't treat shipping in the manner that we (or any major company like Amazon, Best Buy, Buy.com, etc..) treats it. Anyone that says they can ship an item like a lighter from the states to Japan for less than 10 bucks is just dumb. Case in point, one person from japan won our auction, then complained about the shipping costs and refused to pay. We did not leave negative feedback, we simply voided the sale. He then left us negative feedback. Afterwards, he attempted to pay for the item TWICE. The system is flawed and i do not believe it is a valuable one at this point. To this day, provided a person actually follows our terms and pays within the alotted time recieves positive feedback at time of payment. I refuse to let people extort my business with the threat of feedback and as a result we have recieved a few negative feedbacks from those we have left positive feedback for. Oh well, system stinks, what are you going to do about it. Also, if you ever read the auction page after the end of the auction you will see how eBay thinks feedback should be used. Perhaps their should be a contained feedback area where each party can leave feedback without the other party seeing it until both have left it... It could also be required or something of that matter.

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
email me